Friday 2 August 2013

Moving bits around.

With me being a tad busy at work and not feeling well so I've been restricted to going to the plot,when I did get chance I didn't do much but did a little. I did notice the plants in the greenhouse was suffering a little,so I've trimmed a few plants back to give more light and circulation. We watered everything most nights but some plants still suffered,so had a look at the pots and soil and found the soils was rock hard and the water just didn't reach the roots. So i adjusted all the pots and soil and now everything seems to be growing better,so will have to keep and eye on things a little better. 


In other news I picked a few things up while sorting the greenhouse out,but need to start to take things more often. I've given a few things away well cucumbers anyway I have plenty of them. 

My gherkins have started to fill up quite a lot think I need to start to pickle them,I also got given some round courgettes again and I made some more soup. 


I dug up some more spuds well two plants anyway and was happy in what I got,must of been around 20 spuds out of 2 tubers planted. Think next year I'm just going to plant 2nds and main crop or just main crop. If I just plant main crop and I want some spuds I will just dig up some early. 


I picked some Tomato's up out of the greenhouse but not many, I have a feeling it's going to be a rubbish year for toms for me. I picked another batch of strawberries up but not enough to make jam,maybe next year for jam with all the runners I have. 

Overall I'm happy in what been growing and what I've been taking home,just have to harvest a little more every time i go. I will have to crack on with the weeding again,was doing ok but with me being busy at work and the rain the weeds are winning. 










No comments:

Post a Comment