Sunday 28 July 2013

No allotment today

Had to dog sit today while everyone was at work so couldn't play on the allotment,I did a few hours yesterday and Friday. Got some more weeding done around the beetroot and sweetcorn,also weeded between the spuds well had to cut some down. Couldn't dig the weeds out just incase I damaged any of the spuds,now that I have removed the spuds don't look very good. Think I will have to take a lot more up rather than take them as I need them,I'll end up giving some of them away to family and friends. 

I've took home a few more bits over the last few days love this part,everything is picking up nicely and a bit quick on some things. I take a picture one day then go back the next and everything is bigger,just have to eat a lot more once I've picked it. I made some potato wedges the other day from first early spuds,so nice shame no one wanted any apart from me. 

My peppers have started to fill out a little and can't wait to eat them,the Spanish mixed ones are growing good and the Hungarian wax ones are coming on slowly. 

Gherkins are doing ok but the marrows are doing wonders,even the toms have started to turn red now. I don't think it's going to be a good year for toms for some reason for me,don't know why just doesn't feel right but it might get better. 







No comments:

Post a Comment