Sunday 4 August 2013

Another good harvest.

Another good harvest this weekend but only for a few hours,some of it has been eaten but the rest was frozen. Had another great batch of broad beans so the freezer is full now,still have plenty to pick over the next few weeks.

Only got a few more turnips to pick but have plenty if swedes to pick,will do more next year to keep us going. I don't  blanch them I just cut them up and freeze them,when I use them it tends to have a lot of water in them. But the wife and daughter only eat turnips and swedes mashed up,so the water isn't a problem. 

I've just picked my last spring onions till the others grow a little fatter,I will grow them the same way as I have done this year. All I've done is grow them in plastic tubs filled with compost, so easy  to grow in tubs better than planting in the soil on my plot. 

I've had a hit and miss on the carrots some of them are ok and other no so good,my soil not good enough at the moment to grow carrots in. 

Another cucumber picked and also picked some onions that didn't look any good,well some of them had fallen over and started to die back. So I picked them and tried to dry out in the shed ,well my attempt to hang then up. 













No comments:

Post a Comment