Saturday 11 May 2013

More seeds planted

I've sown a few more seeds yesterday some ones I've grown before,then sown some seeds I've never used before. The seeds I planted are Gherkins
Waltham butternut squash
Aubergine ophelia
Sweet pepper redskin
Detroit globe beetroot
Cheltenham green top beetroot,the gherkins I never grown before but buy them in jars. The Aubergine and butternut squash I've never used or eaten before,seen them plenty of times in the shops but never tried them at all. Saying that I've never tried any squashes before,must of had a shelter life so need to get out of the shelter and taste some new veg. I keep Pushing the family to eat more veg and try new produce,I'll try most stuff but it's harder getting family to eat more. Its so easy to get a take away and eat ready meals,don't get me wrong info like the odd take away but I do eat most of what I've grown if no one else does.

When I was here yesterday watering I did noticed a bee in the water butt floating on its back,I took it out and put it in the greenhouse to warm up. I must be getting soft in my old age,but I felt sorry for it so I did my little bit for nature and sent it home safe and sound.






No comments:

Post a Comment