Sunday 12 May 2013

Little more done.

Went to the plot yesterday to try and plant a little out,but it was quite windy so had no chance of doing it. So I ended up re potting a few plants in the greenhouse and chatting, I've still a few more plants to pot on in the next few weeks. The main thing is now to harden some of the plants off so I can plant out once the wind has gone,i think this year the plots is going to be quite full so at least all areas will be worked. I got given some Antirrhinum,Love lies bleeding and I sowed some Primrose mardigras, I also potted on some sweet peas from small modular trays to tubes. I measured the amount of soil I could put inside one,each tube had just under enough soil to fill a 3 1/2 inch pot.

My strawberry plants have started to have some small flowers on them,I think its the first time I've seen them with flowers on. If I get loads of fruit I may have to try and make some strawberry wine,I'm half way through making some rhubarb wine at the moment. Fingers crossed it works and it does taste nice,can't wait to taste it in six months.










No comments:

Post a Comment