Friday 2 November 2012

Bit if this and that.

Had a few hours at the allotment this week and done a little,would of hoped to done a little more but every little helps. I planted my garlic and didn't realise how much I had to plant,once I stripped the garlic apart I must of planted around 40 cloves.Look forward to picking it next year.

I sorted out the bird table that I got given which wouldn't stand up by itself,so I screwed it to the side of the compost bin and put some seeds on it on some trays. If it works ok i will sort some other tables or feeders out for the wildlife.

When I was sorting the bird table out with some seeds which was in the shed,I noticed it had holes in the bag from mice having a field day eating my seeds and loose potatoes.

I didn't do very well with turnips or swedes this year, last year we did ok but this year all of them had been eaten by slugs.

I took home some veg for my dinners and veg stews which is all i'll be taking home because that's all I have left,I got given a few fresh eggs from a chap who has his own chickens. Nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment