Monday 5 November 2012

Sunflowers

I wasted a day on Saturday doing nothing at home when I could of gone to the plot, I did go on Sunday it was a little wet so couldn't do much on the allotment. The sunflowers at the bottom of the allotment had wilted quite a bit, couple of them had snapped of and been eaten.

So I decided I would take them all up and remove the seeds from the heads to feed the birds,I did leave a few heads intact an left around the allotment so the birds can eat. I took all the seeds from the rest of the plants to dry and fill the bird feeders,well have to go and get some more feeders this week.

I covered some of the allotment up with some sheeting to try and dry the ground to weed,all We have had about 3 days of frost this weekend and today so no rain. I will be going to the plot
a few times this week after work i hope,need to get my weeding head on for a few hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment