Monday 29 October 2012

Bulbs planted

Didn't do much last week due to the weather being a bit rubbish,well it was misty and damp most of the week. We had snow and hailstone also so it was a mixture of weather all week,the day I decided to go it rained once I go to the allotment. So I got quite muddy and wet putting these bulbs in,I may of rushed it but so will have to see what the outcome is. I'm going to plant some more bulbs and plants at the top of the allotment,once I've cleared a patch for them to go. The ones i planted yesterday were Crocus / Narcis / Allium mixed, if I get half the amount I will be happy well I did plant nearly 200 bulbs in one section.

I noticed all my water butts are just about full, so I need to find some more to capture a bit more water.We did use all the water last season from the butts,but it did save us walking to the water tank at the end of the allotment. So I'm on the look out for bins and large container to hold water in while at work,some more will turn up sooner or later I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment