Thursday 25 October 2012

First time planting

I've planted some onions this week for over winter growing,around about 100 onions planted. The ones I planted were 50 Chinese white onions and 50 red onions,last year I only grew main onions during the summer. When the onions had been eaten we has to go back to shop bought ones, so now I don't have to buy them no just have my own up to now.

I also bought some tulips and crocus bulbs to plant,oh and some garlic as well I'm getting g carried away with this flower bed and winter growing.

I took all my sweetcorn up now and a trimmed and frozen ready to to eat,I've done better than last year so can't complain.

I got my first bird feeder and filled it up already just have to wait for the birds,think I will invest in a few more feeders and sort a table out for them.
When I was composting the old pepper plants some of them had some very roots,also while digging I found a few eggs either snails or slugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment