Tuesday 23 October 2012

Pumpkins and sweetcorn

I've took up my pumpkins but all if them look a little pale and ones started to rot,I don't know what these will taste like so will try and carve them up for the kids. I will give them a go next year but will make sure I give them plenty of compost or manure,or just plant them straight into the compost bin.
I took up a couple of sweetcorn to
See what they are like this year compared to last year,once I peeled the outer leafs back most of it was yellow just the tip was still white.So I cut the top of and froze the rest of it and had some for tea,it was quite nice I was surprised and chuffed that it was ok. So will have to take the rest up and eat and freeze it,I have some more for next year and some new types.
I've started to collect leafs again ready for leaf mould for next year or the next,up to now I have about 6 bin bags emptied on the bin and 3 more to take down. All I want to do is drive around picking leafs up as I go along,it's a bit sad but look at all the free stuff and its good to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment