Tuesday 21 April 2015

That weekend went quick

Spent a few hours on Saturday and Tuesday on the plot not much but a little, I decided to clear some of the dead flowers and weeds on the flower section. We have only had a few days of sunshine but the Soil was rock hard , anyway cleared the weeds and picked some rhubarb for the first time this year. For the first time this year I picked 10lb of it wow, still got the rest of the year to go. I also planted some gooseberry and black current bushes that I got given, I know it maybe a little late at planting them but these was going to get thrown away. So if it takes ages to get fruit from them I don't mind, I've been waiting 5 years for raspberries. I have even some growth in the greenhouse the sprouts / chillies have started to grow, going to make a start on more planting in a couple of weeks. 





No comments:

Post a Comment