Sunday 29 March 2015

2 Days on the plot

Did a little work on the plot on friday and Saturday not a lot but a little, I've put in all my spuds well I only had two varieties. I've got Maris piper and Albert Bartlett rooster both main crop, haven't got any earlys as no body eats them apart from me. So the plan is to plant my late ones and just pick them when I need them, well that's the plan and you know how the best laid plans never always work. 


I also got around to moving some of the strawberry plants which I should of done ages ago, the main bed was a little over packed. So I removed what I thought was just a handful but I dug up 33, so all 33 have a new home and plenty of space around them. So hopefully these should take root and have a good crop this year, so now I have 3 beds now so I shouldn't run low on strawberrys. 

One thing I should of done last year was split some of the rhubarb up, I've got 6 plants some small and a few quite big. So end of the year I'll split them up and get them replanted, i did it a few years ago and have done ok on them. The big plant I did split up has nearly tripled in size, this is the one that's been on the plot all of the time I've had it. So I'll have to remember end of the year to cut and transplant. 





No comments:

Post a Comment