Sunday 27 April 2014

More planted

Well I made it to the plot on Saturday afternoon for a few hours,didn't think I would get anything done with the rain we had in the morning. But I was quite surprised the soil was just right to walk on,it didn't stick to my feet and make me 6ft tall. I had a walk over the plot and dug up some of the large weeds,I did try and take as much of the roots as I could but didn't work. So ended up  using trowel and cut the root as deep as I could,if I tried to pull the weeds be roots would of snapped anyway. Just have to remember to keep an way on them as you do,just top end to do and path then it's sorted till next time. 


So after the weeding I planted two rows of spring onions, will put some more in a few weeks time. Also planted two types of beetroot one is  red beet tonda do chioggia and that was planted in a block, then planted some boltardy in a block underneath .  I have the boltardy ones growing in some trays in the greenhouse,just have to put some chioggia in trays also. I have put about half a dozen lettuces in the ridges between the spuds, only between the main crop still got time before I need to ridge up.  Got no chance in going to the plot today I've got a few things to do,but think I've got a few days next week when I can make it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment