Tuesday 19 November 2013

Back to little by little

Now that I'm back at work it's harder to try and get to the plot after work,think I'll make it once this week and some time
Over the weekend. At the weekend i finished some more weeding and got rid of some rotten veg, so I'm about 90% weed free well sort of anyway. I did weed the section I planted some rhubarb in the other year,all I ever do is weed it let it grow then weeded it again. So I weeded what I can and covered the rest in carpet tiles,I will uncover it once I know what I'm going to do with it. The rhubarb is still planted in that section apart from one plant I dug out,it was getting stress I was told with it growing longer shoots to get away from all the weeds. I had a slight accident while digging the rhubarb up,I snapped my spade that I have had for years so will have to try and mend it with a new shaft. 

It doesn't take long for the slugs to start to eat any veg that's left,I had some small  marrows growing and on Tuesday all ok but Thursday the buggers had moved in. 

While weeding we normally find small bones and the odd tooth,I thought I'd found a finger but it was a root.


















No comments:

Post a Comment