Saturday 12 October 2013

Nothing much done this week.

Just been to the plot once this week and quite disappointed as I wanted to so more,I was a tad busy at work and looking after the dogs while others are at work. I've still got a bit more digging and picking left to do,so need to get fingers out and crack on. Think I've got a few days at the plot next week so will have to dig and not chat,that's what I say now come next week it will be different. 


Well the only day I made it to the plot I dug up another row of main crop spuds,I did get a good amount from the row but not as good as the first row. Still have plenty to bag up and save,the scabby ones and the ones with holes will be eaten first. Still got 2 more main crop rows to dig up and will do that next week,it's a bit wet this weekend to do it so will pencil it in for next week.



I'd also picked more peppers and toms for our teas this week,quite chuffed the daughters been using them more in making curry's this week. Picked another small butternut squash to do another soup,also got around to pickling  some beetroot for the first time this year whoop whoop. Going to do some more this week and even  make some more wine I think,love doing the wine and beer making at the moment. I've just filled a demijohn up with some swede wine I've been making,it's finished fermenting so strained it and now wait for it to mature. It was quite cloudy when I strained it but it's starting to clear up,I've got a picture of it cloudy but not clear yet. 




In other beer new I got given some apples to see if I can make something out of them,from the apples and pears I took out of the fridge I did get 2litres of juice. I should of got a press to get more juice from the apples but did it by hand,also added 3litres of carton apple juice to make a gallon. I added the yeast so now it's just a waiting game to see it works,I didn't add any sugar just used its natural sugars in the fruit .







No comments:

Post a Comment