Friday 4 October 2013

Not much to report.

Only done a little on the plot this week and that was only on Tuesday,I've been in holiday the rest of the week decorating. Now that I've finished painting I can go to the plot,well I can between the rain and sun. May have to leave it till  the weekend when the weather is better,knowing my luck it will rain. 


Anyway the short time I had at the plot I'd finished weeding around then strawberries, then covered them all over with leaf mould. I did the same last year but forgot to put some netting on to stop them blowing away,this time i remembered to cover over an hope it works.



I also fed the raspberries with a bit of manure and comfrey feed,only to give them a fighting chance. I may have to put some screens up to stop the wind harming them,some of them didn't look well after I planted them so hoping some survive. 



At the top of the plot behind the sheds we have brambles / hawthorn / and elderberries,all of them needed cutting back but one of those jobs I'll do in a minute. So I decided to trim them all back and try and train the the bramble to grow all over the back, that way I'll have plenty of brambles to pick for next year well I hope anyway. I haven't cut the bushes back in nearly 2 years,only because I pricked myself with the hawthorn bush and still suffering. I've been suffering with tennis elbow since I pricked my elbow,that the only thing I think that's caused it. So when I know I have to do a bit of graft,I take a few pills before and after to ease the pain. I'm back at the physio next week to try and sort it out again,hope it does because if I don't take any meds I can't sleep it keeps me away most of the night throbbing. 








No comments:

Post a Comment