Sunday 8 September 2013

Even more booze

When I went to the plot the other day I had loads planned but ended up doing nothing,thought i would weed a little and dig a little over. But what I ended up doing between a few showers was string some onions up,then spent the rest of the time picking elderberries and brambles. I got about 6lb of brambles and 3lb of elders, so I've squashed and added bits to the elders and now it's in a demijohn waiting for it to mature. The brambles are in the freezer because I didn't have enough barrels to start the wine. I've already filled a demijohn up last week with brambles and have it a little taste,it tasted beautiful and hope it stays the same once the yeast does it work. Only small problem I had I filled it up a bit much and it overflowed in the cupboard,it was like a mini volcano so i had to remove a little and gave it a clean. 


That's one demijohn with brambles in and two DJ with elderberries in,the first elderberry had brambles in because I didn't pick enough and the second just elderberries. Just have to clear some space to do some more brambles,I might even go out and get some more. Even if I freeze them it's all good stuff either wine of pies,oh Ive forgot I've even started making some beer. I'm hoping it turns out ok only started it on Saturday,need to check on it in a few days. 

While I was brewing the beer I bottled up some ribena wine,i got 5 bottles out of the DJ and a glass full and it tasted ok. 











No comments:

Post a Comment