Thursday 20 June 2013

Few bits potted on.

I've done a bIt more potting on in an evening once I've finished work,I did try and do some weeding the other day when I finished my night shift but it didn't work. I got to the allotment for around 5:30am and started to weed,only problem it was dry and hard and I started falling asleep. So I ended up packing up and going home then came back after tea,but never finished the weeding only did some watering. 

So what I've potted on and planted this week are gherkins which are planted in pots and in the soil,same as some of the tomatoes which are in the greenhouse and soil. Also put some squashes (butternut) in pots and soil, some gherkins and squashes are in a compost mix and compost + manure mix. I planted a couple of gherkins in my compost bin to if these grow like the lettuces are doing,just have to
Remember to water them forgot I planted more beetroot.

I've been feeding the toms and Peppers   with shop bought Tomato feed,but feeding a selection with compfrey and left them to one side to see how these grow. If the compfrey works I will make some more and try my hand at using nettle feed. The compfey does smell a bit so I made sure I put the lid back on,I should of strained it then it wouldn't get stuck in the watering can. 











No comments:

Post a Comment