Sunday 9 June 2013

Chuffed and upset

Over the last year while weeding I collected all the weeds and bits of soil attached to them,then left them in a corner of the allotment to gather dust. So this week I decided to have a look on how's it's doing,I was quite surprised how good it had rotted down. So id thought I'd use the soil in some planters and in the greenhouse for growing,it would of come in handy and saved me a little cash. 

So I dug a bit out and mixed it with leafs and manure and filled some pots with it, the soil does looks better in the flesh than it does on the photo. Then the next day i thought I'd dig a bit more out and use some more,I started to dig again then had to stop because some bees had made a nice place for a home. About half a dozen bees came out of the hole looking a bit upset,so I stopped the digging and left them alone. I didn't disturb it much on the second time I was digging I just skimmed the edges,Just hoping the bees found the way back in and have settled down again. Will have to keep an eye on the mud hill for signs of bees going in and out,so fingers crossed the bees are ok. 



No comments:

Post a Comment