Tuesday 4 June 2013

Busy weekend

Been a busy little weekend down on the plot well a few hours on Friday/ Saturday /Sunday,all I seemed to do is weed after the little bit if rain that we had. It did need doing badly and still have a little left to do,but the soil is a little hard now to do some weeding with the few days of sun we have had so may have to water or wait for the rain.


The section I weeded around was the onions / beans / carrots, out of the four rows of carrots i planted I'll be lucky to have one row. The beans and peas are doing well just a shame the carrots aren't ,may have to try and put more carrots in or pray for others to grow. I must remember to leave spaces between rows so I can get in and weed, the onion spacing was fine it was just everything else. I say it every year to leave more space but never do,but I did  with the onions though 3 rows then space instead of 5 rows. 


So now half my plot looks nice and weeded just have to keep on top of it,like I do all of the time (NOT) I just get side tracked while weeding or just get fed up of weeding. 


On the new greenhouse tunnel we made I needed to sort out a way of collection water for it,so I have some old bits of gas pipe which I cut in half. Then i screwed it under the Perspex to create some guttering,I haven't enough to reach the end or go all the way around. So it's going to be a bit patchy but if it works I'm not bothered,then going to catch the water in the spare bath tub I have hanging around. Then once that's sorted I'll block it in with timber and make it look pretty,then i was thinking of extending overflow pipe into the greenhouse to water the plants or use it as an irrigation system.









No comments:

Post a Comment