Sunday 21 April 2013

Planting onions

Went to the plot to try and sort all my onion sets out,because most of them had grown a little big for the modular trays. So I started by making a line from one side to the other,then with the ground being so dry i had to water along the line so I could have some soft soil to use. Once I'd done that I went along and made a small hole filled it with compost,them planted the onion in afterwards.



I also watered the trays the onions was sat in so it would be easy to remove them,nearly a of what I planted came out like little onion plug plants. So in the end I planted 9 rows of roughly 25 in each,still have a few turbo onions still left to plant will do them later today. Also have a tray and a half of Sturon onions to plant as well,it took me 5 hours just to plant 9 rows. I left a few to do only because my knees and back started to ache,didn't realise it would take so long and I'm not getting any younger.














No comments:

Post a Comment