Saturday 20 April 2013

Need to start planting

Went to the plot after I left work yesterday thinking the ground would be wet from the rain the night before,when I got to the plot it was still bone dry and hard like rocks. Even the roller didn't break any of the soil up so had to mark a section up and water by hand,once I watered it i went across and broke the soil up with elbow grease and a spade. If I scrape the top 2-3 inches of soils from the top it's ok underneath,I can't scrape it away because I'd have no soil left. So I'll go back today and water a line then go back over and plant some onions in,the onions are growing to fast in trays so need to get them in the grown soon.

As I was getting the water from the water butt i did noticed a few bee's flying past,then i so it fly near my feet and flew in a hole on my fence. Wonder if its making its little home on my plot,will keep an eye on it and let you know.





No comments:

Post a Comment