Wednesday 17 April 2013

Little more planted

Got a little more planted this weekend maybe not as much as I wanted but a little,I've put broad beans straight into the ground in a line pushed them straight down and filled with compost. I've also got some planted in the greenhouse in cardboard tubes to plant out a little later on, I should get a few beans from them just for two of us to eat.




I also planted 4 rows of carrots oh yes 4 rows of carrots its the most I've done,I put two types in so two rows of each went in. On the packet it says 750 seeds in one pack and 500 in the other,don't know how many I sowed and how many got blow away with the wind. I made 4 drills sprinkled the seeds in and covered them over,I covered some with shop bought compost and some home made compost. I have found it better covering them with compost instead of just soil,not tried it with own made compost but will see what happens. The carrots I planted was Paris Market Atlas and Flyaway F1.



Getting dirty without protection on the allotment,I normally wear latex gloves while on the allotment sowing seeds and messing with compost. Only reason it stops my hands drying out and cracking,so this weekend I went naked well just my hand anyway. So for the last couple of days my hands have been sore and cracked,so next time I think I will use gloves again.


I took some small daffodils home this weekend to treat the wife,now she can't say I don't give her flowers it's the thought that counts.











No comments:

Post a Comment