Wednesday 19 December 2012

Pickled red cabbage

Thought I would try and make some
Pickled red cabbage, I had a wander around the net for some ideas. The one I went for was to use some pickling vinegar,but our supermarket I went to didn't have any in. So I had to use standard malt vinegar then try to get some pickling vinegar at a later date,I have some now so will use that next time.

I chopped up some red cabbage into small bits and put into a bowl,then I covered the cabbage with salt and left all night to let the salt take the water out of the cabbage. Then I rinsed the cabbage the next day to remove the salt,then sterilised a jar and filled the jar with cabbage and vinegar. It is quite nice but i will make some with pickling vinegar and see how that tastes.

No comments:

Post a Comment