Tuesday 2 June 2015

Wow netting is up.

Finally got the trusted netting up to protect the cabbages and bits, it's a bit more compact that other years. It's all enclosed this year and the scarecrow has taken his space on the plot, so hopefully it works and the birds don't come in just have to look out for slugs and snails. Got my cabbages / swedes / sprouts and corn planted I'm sure I planed something else, still got a bit left to plant with in the netting just waiting for some growth. Still got loads to plant in the greenhouse once these have grown, plenty of peppers / chillies / cucumber to go in the ground once big enough. May put some in at the weekend and some more once big enough, well the toms / cucumbers can but peppers are to small.  

This year I've only plants 4 rows of main crop spuds and seem to be doing ok, I've even got them growing in the compost bin. These must be the ones we have thrown away and started to grow, not tell anyone just going to bring them home to see if these get eaten. Got my first strawberry turning red not long now for the rest, took another 20lb rhubarb home this weekend also. Last of my leeks I picked and was quite big, the rest have bolted so I'll dig up or just leave. 
















No comments:

Post a Comment