Friday 6 March 2015

Moving compost

I decided to move the compost that had been sat at the back of the plot for well over a year, I didn't have enough bags to bag it up so filled 3 recycling bins and a wheelie bin. I'll be using this as well as lead mould to grow my seeds in this year, once emptied I moved the fresh so called compost to its new place (6 inches away). Some of it had rotted down but a lot still needed to rot, I found 3 mice hiding in the compost and feel gutted I disturbed them. When moving the compost it was full of worms lovely worms doing a great job, don't think I'll put anymore on top but start another mound. Well we will see anyway I always change my mind, I was supposed to sort the bins out and build a new one but I forgot till afterwards. I had to put some Perspex in to stop the wood rotting away even more, may have to build new one around the old one then remove the old one. Or build a new one so I have some thinking to do first, most likely build around the original one then remove the only one. 








No comments:

Post a Comment