Monday 5 January 2015

New year new start

Who am I kidding it's only me that stops myself from going to the plot, well some of the time it is so I won't blame myself to much. Had a walk around the plot at the weekend and was quite chuffed on how it was looking, still a little to tidy up but nothing too hard well till I try. I made a start on taking some soil out of the ploy tunnel and replacing it with some better soil, it started well with a little back ache so had to dig on my knees. 

I dug the soil out and place it behind the poly tunnel on some spare bit of ground, the. Realised I didn't have any soil to put back it. I had some leaf mould that had been behind the tunnel for well over a year , the same leaf mould if been trying to grow some spuds in last which was hit and miss. So I sieved the soil I took out and mixed it with the leaf mould,then I transferred it back into the tunnel and fill the hole I dug out earlier. I also mixed some sand and scoot in with it, just have to keep topping it up as it settles. 
 






No comments:

Post a Comment