Sunday 14 September 2014

Few bits this week.

Picked a few more treats up from the plot this week, I picked some brambles from the plot around pound in weight. I thoughts I would get loads of them to either eat or make wine, but half the plants have been hacked away because the plot holder doesn't want them. So I picked what I can and took them home and started to make some wine, I added them to 3lb of rhubarb and sugar and left to dissolve. When I went to strain the liquid I noticed some of the rhubarb had grown a fur coat, so I couldn't take the chance and use it just incase it was all infected. I did make some other wine with 3lb rhubarb 6 kiwi fruits and a orange, I've added them all together and it's bubbling away in a demijohn. 

I'm still picking a few red toms and onions to take home,with the toms the ones I don't use I'm going to blitz them. After blitzing I'll freeze them and use instead of tin toms for curry's and spag Bol, the onions are nearly all sorted just taking the weak ones home. For what I've planted and what I've got lets isn't good,but at least I have some to last a few months. Tried my baby water melon it was ok but on the small side, still a treat to have one first time these have grown. 









No comments:

Post a Comment