Saturday 2 August 2014

Picked a few bits up.

Picked quite a bit up from the plot for tea and pickling and maybe a bit of wine making,think it's coming to that time again to use it up or lose it. I picked a few beetroots up and rhubarb as well as some bits for tea,I have two types of beetroot growing one is red beet rinds di chioggia and boltardy. I used some of the rinds di chioggia to make some wine,didn't realise how pale it was when I cooked it down. It was a nice colour to start with pinkish rings,but once boiled it was a cloudy lemonade. Need to free up some space in the freezer for all the rhubarb,will make some crumble but the rest will made into wine. I haven't chopped the rhubarb up yet but I think I need a bigger freezer,think this will be my last batch this year i think roll on next year. 











No comments:

Post a Comment