Saturday 24 May 2014

Tripped

Managed to get to the plot yesterday after work whoop whoop,I got a couple of things planted and weeded even more whoop whoop. The middle section of the plots looks good just don't look either side. Planting and weeding was good due to the rain we had over the last few days,going to give it a good go today and try and win the allotment back. 


I lost a few seedlings yesterday not due to infection or not growing,but down to me being a silly bugger. I was that excited for weeding and planting,I went into the greenhouse and tripped over my own feet. So i ended up on the floor and dragging the shelf down with seeds on all over me,I said a few simple swear words and looked at the mess. I'd knocked over some trays with Kale / broccoli / beetroot / sprouts / swedes / rocket / lettuces / toms, so I wasn't a very  bunny at all for a little while. I've lost a few due to damaged stalks and being crushed,so the rest got put back into the trays and watered. Will have to check later on today to see if these have made it through the night. I will have to pot most of them on to save them I think,some will be ok but the rest I don't know about.  In other news I have a half red strawberry on my plot, so things did look up a little yesterday . 


No comments:

Post a Comment