Saturday 12 April 2014

Lovely rhubarb

Wow picked my first batch of Lovely rhubarb this year,I have about 5 plants  to pick from once the small ones are well established. One large plant been on the plot for a good many years,two plants have been growing for two years and one planted this year. Looks like I'm going to have a freeze full of rhubarb this year,it's either for crumble or wine doesn't matter which one I love them both. If it grows as well has it has been I'll need another freezer,or just have to consume it quicker. 


After I trimmed the rhubarb down ready for freezing I made it in to crumble size and wine size,in total I picked 10lb in weight for the first batch. I bagged it up into 3lb bags and 1lb bags, will mixed it up with some brambles and gooseberries for crumble or wine. I'd get about 18 bottles of wine from the rhubarb and hundreds of tubs of  crumble. 







No comments:

Post a Comment