Sunday 16 March 2014

Quick tidy and spuds

I did a quick tidy up around the pond and it looks a bit better now,just need to put a fence around it so no one will fall in (ME).  It's either a fence or a gate near the poly tunnel to stop people coming down,enter at own risk will be put on the gate if I build one. 


I planted two rows of spuds well my first early's Rocket,I'm not keen on digging spuds in could do with a large dibber to make hole and plonk spud in. I know the spud sections gets dug over well,when you plant them and when you take them out. I did my first row and the soils came out ok,but the second row was a nightmare so hard and damp. I'd thought I'd dug it over a while back but I must of missed this section out,it's full of lumps and some of it did break down but a lot stayed lumpy and full of clay. I will keep breaking it up as I go along so should be ok, it's toooooo wet underneath and toooooo dry on top. 




 





No comments:

Post a Comment