Sunday 23 February 2014

That week past quick

Well that week past quick while back at work not much done down at the plot,been a tad busy at work and as again babysitting the dogs. I managed to get to the plot a couple of times but really didn't do much,I finally got around to weed the strawberry bed after weeks of putting it off. I know I've done a mistake with the strawberries and garlic bed, I've planted them in the same bed I had crocus and daffodils in. So now in between the strawberries l have flowers growing,even in the garlic bed I have flowers growing so it's going to look pretty anyway. Think I'll have to buy more garlic and just have that growing in one patch,that will teach me remove    all bulbs before planting in the same patch. 

So while weeding the strawberry bed I noticed the rhubarb was starting to grow,I could force it to grow but I'll leave it to grow on its own. We have even started getting caterpillars already,we have plenty of slugs but it's the first caterpillar I've seen. 

I've even planted that New Zealand's Flax at the bottom of the plot,I know I was going to plant it in a tub at home but it will get eaten. Well it won't be eaten by us but by Winston the pug,he eats anything even the sweet peas I planted last year. 


Just done a reading on the wine I had brewing which I made in January,it was some rhubarb which I had spare so decided to make more wine. It's come out at 9% at the moment,may leave it a little longer to get stronger but may bottle it soon and leave it at 9%. 


 






No comments:

Post a Comment