Friday 14 February 2014

Just tidying up a little

Not much to report this week even though I've been on holiday,we've had a few rubbish days of weather and a couple good ones. Got a few leeks and red cabbages to take up before the frost gets them,well the leeks aren't in the way so may leave them. I've noticed in the section at the bottom of the plot where the garlic is,some of it is starting to grow I think and something else is. When I sorted patch out I must of forgot to dig all the crocus bulbs out,so looks like I'm going to grow garlic and crocus together. Can't remember if I planted tulips or daffodils as well in the same part,well at least it will look pretty and when you walk up the path. 

Still working on the new pond we have laid down some old carpet to protect the liner from stones,just have to get some liner now and get it filled up. I'm hoping  to get the liner from a chap on the allotments,but like when you want something you never can catch the person you want to get it off.


I took all my beetroot up the other week and made my last jar of beetroot,that's it now till it grows again only good thing it will last till we have some more. I go in fads sometimes I can eat loads of it and go weeks with out eating any,not like onions which we have run out of now so have to buy shop ones now not good. 








No comments:

Post a Comment