Sunday 19 January 2014

Not much done this weekend

Only been to the allotment for a couple of hours this weekend,the weather was a bit rubbish so that spoilt it. Only thing I did was try and sort some of the fence out, we've put a bottom rail on and some of the top rail then ran out of timber. Will strip some more pallets down when I get chance, at least it will stop people walking across the plot. Well all they have to do is either climb over the fence or open the gate,I will sort this section out then try and straighten the rest.


Over the last few year I've tried to grow garlic I managed it the first year,but last year it didn't grow at all for some reason. I don't know if it was to cold or it got water logged and rotted, so this year I've tried again with  new bulbs to plant. I planted loads in the soils and covered with a little mulch,also planted some in pots next to the greenhouse. The ones in the soil not growing but that could be wet soil or it's cold,the ones in the pots are growing and the rooted are coming through the bottom of the pots. Think the pots are out of the rain and wind so it's helped them along, will have to replant them when I get chance to go and play on the allotment. 








No comments:

Post a Comment