Tuesday 3 December 2013

Not much left to pick.

With the greenhouse and Poly tunnel getting sorted for next year,I have picked my last toms and cucumber from them both. Still got a few beets / swedes  and leeks left to pick,but that's it for 2013 for the plot no more veg ti next year. I'm happy what I've grown and eaten from plot 42,I've ordered a few seeds for next year and some new seeds to try still
Ordered way to many seeds. 



I got given a pumpkin by Keith that he wasn't going to eat,so I made some soup from it for the first time. It wasn't that bad but a bit plain but it was an easy soup to make,1kg pumpkin + couple of onions and 700ml of stock all cooked down then put in blender. I'll do it again so I  will have to grow some next year,I had the soup with some  homemade bread cakes the daughter had made. 




This year I've saved some seeds and some spuds for next year,it's the first time I've saved anything to try and grow again. If it doesn't work I've ordered them anyway,the seeds are drying nicely just had to sort the spuds out. So what I've done is wrapped the spuds in newspaper and put into them into tubs,then wrapped them in bubble wrap and put away. I will check on them time to time to see if all of them are ok,even the mice loved the spuds while I was drying them. 
  













No comments:

Post a Comment