Sunday 15 December 2013

Little done

As like every week that goes past I only have chance to do a little on the plot,either the weathers bad or just can't get time to get on down. Most of the time it's getting time to get on down to the plot,this weekend a I spent 2 hours Friday and 3 hour Saturday on the plot. I decided I would dig a little even though my mind said nahhhhh just leave it, I dug a section over which was about 8ft x 24ft ish,I normally give up and do other stuff. But this time in stuck to it and got a bit done and was chuffed,i was going to leave it till next year but I caved in and dig some. This is the first year I've really got stuck into digging for some reason,don't know why because it's on the bottom of the list of jobs to do. 


Other news I picked a few things to take home for tea this week,just some beetroot / leeks / red cabbages. Well that what i have left growing in at the moment,might pickle the beets to make them last. Leeks will get used up but the cabbages will end up on the compost or gave away,still have some swedes left to pick and that's it. I got given a parsnip from Keith on the next plot,it's massive and will take all week to eat it. I've took a photo of it and put an egg next to it to show the size if it,think I'll grow some next year I think and try and grow some big ones. 






No comments:

Post a Comment