Tuesday 26 November 2013

But more sorted

I got given some blackcurrant plants well sticks the other week,so I decided so better  crack on and plant them. So
I decided to plant them in the old raspberry bed. So I scraped all the bark from the bed and laid down some carpet tiles,then put the bark on top of the tiles so it tidies it up a bit.   Then planted the blackcurrant's along the edge of the the bed,so let's see if these grow better than  the raspberries. 



I also emptied the greenhouse of all of the dead plants and gave it a tidy up, last few years I've used pots and buckets to grow veg in the greenhouse. Next year I'm hoping to use the soil in the ploy tunnel and greenhouse to grow in,so with the greenhouse empty I gave the soils a dig over. I slung in some compost /lead mould/manure to improve the soil a little,it's not looking that bad at the moment so will see how it works out next year. Just have to sort the poly tunnel out when I can,  so I can do the same and use the soil. 






No comments:

Post a Comment