Thursday 11 July 2013

Good few days.

Had a good few days on the plot well if you call weeding a good job,I did two full half days then it was to hot and dry to finish. At least Ive got a 1/4 of the plot done again,so will finish it once its cooler or when it damp to pull the rest up. Will have to remember next year to leave more space between the veg,some of it is ok but the odd bit is a little tight to get in. The onions was about right to weed but first row was a bit tight towards the beans,courgettes and marrows had a little space but will leave a little more next time. But the sugar snap and pea onwards are a mess,I put some netting up and sticks,but the peas have knocked them over so all mixed together. 


View from the middle of the onion bed getting up and close to my veg,loving the onions now because most of them are filling up just like most stuff. Well apart from inside the greenhouse which things are going a little slow,might be something to do with trying to grow things in all sorts of stuff. Fingers crossed everything picks up and we have a good year. I picked a little veg to bring home for tea and for the wife's friend,don't mind helping people out if its appreciated. I also picked my second batch of strawberries yeahhhhhhh,think I had about 3 of them the lad ate the rest in a smoothie. Forgot to tell him to wash them first because of the slugs (I'm bad I know)






No comments:

Post a Comment