Tuesday 27 November 2012

Rubbish week

It's been a rubbish week on the allotment this week due to the wet weather, I've been on holiday and the most time I've spent is about 6 hours down on the plot over a couple of days. Things seem to be getting sorted and we can nearly see the light end of the tunnel, if I give it a good few days I will soon have it sorted fingers crossed. All that's to weed is a section about 6ft x 25ft and 10 x 25ft, oh and between the cabbages and sprouts.

Looking at the sprouts by the time I remove all the ones that have blown or bolted, I will have about 1 plant in total with sprouts on. At the moment i have 20+ plants and most of them will go on the compost,all my white cabbages have all been eaten now its just the red ones have made it to the end.

On other notes I've bought myself a little buddy to help me on the allotment,he doesn't do much but keeps me company.


We had a skip dropped at the allotment last week for mainly normal garden waste,most of it was full with weeds and the odd general rubbish. As i throw some weeds into the skip and noticed a few plant pots,so had a quick look at them and most of them are ok so I took them. I had a few go missing a little while ago so I thought these would help me out,I don't normally go in skips but I class it as my little bit of recycling.





20121125-212427.jpg



No comments:

Post a Comment