Saturday 8 September 2012

Short visit

Only had a short visit to the allotment yesterday just to pick up a little veg,well just some potatoes ready for tea. The potatoes I picked up are still my firsts called Vanessa,mainly for baking or jackets but non really big enough for jackets. Still happy what I took home from about 4 tubers will try again next year to see if these grow any bigger,non of my spuds or next doors have grown very big this year so roll on next.

Found another sunflower that had shown its head do quite chuffed I have 2 flowers,the plants can grow to about 10 ft so quite tall plants will need ladders to take more shots. The beef toms are turning red and soon be ready for picking,my first one which is the biggest has a hole in the middle so will have keep an eye on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment