Sunday 19 August 2012

Good few hours.

Had a good few hours at the allotment yesterday and a couple today,when I look back on what I did it seems like I've done bugger all. I took all my broad beans seeing that a lot of them had turned black,also I've taken quite a lot home and froze them. Half my onions have fallen over so i took a few up and removed all the dead skin,then left in the shed to dry out before I bring them home.

I took up some beetroot which was getting quite big, I told myself last year to take them home when they are about a tennis ball size not football. Other bits I took home are some tomatoes-sweet peppers-potaoes- cucumbers-marrows -carrots-onions so quite a of fresh veg,can't beat a bit of fresh veg to eat.

I took up two rows of potatoes one row of firsts and a row of baking / boiling spuds called Vanessa,the Vanessa are not big enough for baking but real nice as mash. I will grow them again next year seeing that it's been a strange year for growing,haven't tried my seconds or late's as of yet but will do soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment