Tuesday 10 July 2012

Rain

Didn't go Sunday because the forecast said it was going to rain all day, so I decided to stay home and watch tennis with the family. I ended up falling asleep on and off all afternoon and it didn't rain,so wasted a good day doing nothing. So I tried to make up for it on Monday and tuesday and that didn't work because it rained, so I sowed some winter cauliflower and swedes which I forgot to sow. Hoping these grow as I have put them in a little late,also these seeds are last years seeds. Some people say you cant use old seeds and some say you can, I think 90% of my old ones have been ok so will see what happens at the end of the year.
I did manage to take home some bits from the allotment my first produce of the year, some small turnips which had just started to bolt so took them home. Bag full of broad beans and some potatoes well not many potatoes,the plants didn't look very good so
I dug them up and got about 10 small spuds.I also go given some celery so will see if these grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment