Saturday 26 May 2012

Just a little done.

I've been to the plot a couple of times since I've been back from my few days away,I haven't done a lot apart from some weeding and greenhouse work. I weeded among the spuds and peas but I think I may of lost a few of the peas,well the ground is that hard the hoe just slips across the soil taking out plants and weeds.

We had to put some sheeting over the greenhouse to try and bring down the temp inside, everything was starting to look unwell with the heat and sun. I've been today and the plants seem to be a lot better now so just need to get them in the soil.

I went to a friends house today and started to pick some gravel up for my allotment, he is sorting his garden out and throwing the gravel away so I said I would use it. I'm going to use it around the pond to tidy it up a bit, I have two big cement buckets of gravel to pick up next week. His neighbour has a garden full of gravel also so I maybe getting that as well,which I will use along the fence to control the weeds and make it look a bit better.

Last thing is bird watch on the allotment and the birds are doing very well, had a quick peep through the gap and the birds are quite big now.

No comments:

Post a Comment