Thursday 12 April 2012

Feel like a weekend gardener

I have only been to the allotment a couple of times this week due to been busy at work and the weather, at the beginning of last week it was sunshine and the soil was to dry to plant anything. This week we have had rain and hailstone all of the week and a little sunshine, not complaining about the rain because we do need it, only problem we cant get onto the soil because it sticks to your boots.
On the times I have been at the allotment it has rained so only did a little I put up a temporary drainage on the greenhouse to catch the water coming of it, also I filled in a little more in on the greenhouse windows so now we just have to sort a little section on the roof and door. We are going to trim the panel on the roof which a little big once we find some guttering to catch the water, at the moment when it rains it goes straight onto soil without falling on the greenhouse frame and soaking the frame.
I have took home a cauliflower which is a nice size for us to eat, the other ones I gave away so my turn to try one.

No comments:

Post a Comment