Sunday 18 March 2012

First Early's

Didn't do much during the week a the allotment i was a little busy at work and home,so was a little upset I didn't get chance to do anything. So I went on Saturday with a few things in mind i wanted to do, but only managed to do one thing that was plant some potatoes. I put in my first Early's which was Potatoes called Vanessa ( wife's name ) mainly baking,may have to get some more Early's well for new potatoes. I've put in two rows of Vanessa's with 17 in each row and quite far apart, even the rows are about 1 and half foot wide I've got the space to do it. Other reason for leaving the gap is while banking the spuds up I'm weeding at the same time,when i put the spuds in I made a trench and then used a bulb planter to make an hole for the spuds to go in. I may of gone a little to far down when digging the trench,only problem with that is I have to dig deeper to get them out.

Once the trench was dug and hole was made i put some compost in the hole and then put the potatoes in,then covered potatoes with compost and backed filled with soil. The ridges are not that big compared to other people potatoe planting,but I've gone further down than most people so we will see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment