Sunday 25 March 2012

Few hours done

Had a few hours at the allotment over the weekend and seemed to have done bugger all, so I am a little miffed that I've wasted some good allotment time. I got a little done so it's not a complete waste of time,my rasp bushes are starting to show new growth so I didn't end up buying twigs from the garden centre. I've nearly finished making a bed around the raspberry bushes, it's not perfect but it will do the job i think. Once I've finished the bed I'm going to level the soil inside and fill with mashed up leaves,did want some bark but can't get any at the moment. If we do get some bark I will remove the leaves,it will save me weeding and it might help retain the water.

I need to get the soil broke down more because it's like an allotment full of golf ball size mud, I broke some up with a rotovator today but still needs a lot doing. It's with it being really dry and having no rain,might have to water a section then break up the soil and do it by hand well whack it with the back of a spade.

No comments:

Post a Comment