Wednesday 22 February 2012

Sowed some onion seeds.

I missed the chance to go to the allotment yesterday due to working day and night,So I went today after work and it didn't stop raining not like yesterday sunny day. So I decided to sow some onion seed in the greenhouse,i did 11 takeaway tubs of onions the same as last year. I sprinkled the seeds over the compost and will prick out when they get bigger,6 tubs Ailsa Craig (2 types) 3 tubs Bedfordshire onions 2 tubs of Red Kamel.

I still have some more onion seeds to sow over the next few days,also have 2 bags of Turbo onion sets to sort out well put in trays to start them off. I'm hoping to go back tomorrow and sow some more seeds,will let you know how i get on. I also got some wood from a building site well floor joists, going to use them as a border along the path which joins both allotments together.

No comments:

Post a Comment