Wednesday 4 January 2012

Some Beetroot.

Went to the allotment yesterday to do some weeding and tidy up,once I got to the allotment I could do nothing it was windy and raining. So I have to wait a little while for it to dry out so I can carry on with the weeding,I've only got a couple of patches to do but it's taking ages to do.

I've got a little produce left In the ground to take up if and when I need it, like carrots, beetroot, swede, cauliflower, leeks, celery,some of it will end up on the compost heap or give it away like the celery we can't eat it quick enough and it's real thin,some of the beetroot is a little big for the pan so may give some away if I can.

I took some cabbages - carrots - celery home for my healthy dinners also took some beetroot home to pickle, I managed to pickle a few beets and made 2 jars out of them.

2 comments:

  1. Handsome beets!

    I love growing beetroot, one of my favourite plot veg. So easy and reliable too.

    I've left mine in the ground as well this year. Its lasted really well which has surprised me. Must be the mild weather?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment it's only me that eats the beetroot,trying to get the family to eat some new veg but it's hard work.

    ReplyDelete