Monday 27 August 2012

Main crop potatoes

I've took up two rows of 1st early potatoes and still have 2 rows left,but today decided to take up my main crop potatoes and store them. Non of my spuds are not going to get any bigger with all the foliage had died down,so I took up my main crop spuds which are Desiree. I will leave them to dry a bit and will sort out the bad ones and store the good ones,think I have more good ones that bad ones.I didn't get a lot of spuds out of about 30 tubers I planted,I got just over about 50ish spuds well maybe 55ish.

It's been a strange year for growing spuds but my main seem better than last year, i will grow them again next year to see how they compare to this year. The rest of the spuds i will take up during the week and use as needed,i
Will try store some of them to make them last longer. I don't go with the flow with potatoes i use them all as one kind, if I want mash I will use any spuds I know it's wrong but it's the way I roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment